2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Motherboard failure

Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Spectre x360 Convertible
One year and six months after purchasing this expensive laptop there was a short in the motherboard. The computer stopped working and electrical-spark was seen before it stopped turning on.

I opened the back and the short on the motherboard was apparent. I verified that the power connector wires was not broken or pulled lose as some people had indicated a common problem there.
I see on these boards that numerous people have experienced failed motherboards in this laptop, typically just beyond the warranty coverage.

Can HP help?
3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
13,019 12,963 1,697 4,428
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Motherboard failure

Full model name/ product number of your notebook?

I'll try to escalate to the concerned.

Follow up here in this thread.

I'm a Volunteer AND I don't work for, nor represent HP

Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say thank you and Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" if this is the answer you needed
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ronyk
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Motherboard failure

Spectre x360 - 13-4003dx.

Thank you.
0 Kudos
3,296 3,234 196 555
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Motherboard failure

@ronyk

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation