Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp Envy M6
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I  bought a HP envy M6 touch laptop 2 years back, now my laptop is not switching on in Battery mode, only its working in adapter mode. So I have given my laptop in service center. They told me my mother board has problem, so need to replace the motherboard.

Also they said they need to submit the old motherboard to HP to get the new one?, is it true?. I asked my old motherboard once the service is over, for that they are telling that they need to submit the old motherboard else they are asking 1000 rupees extra.

Can some one clarify if we really need to submit the old otherboard to buy a new one?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is true. HP has two prices for many replacement parts...one straight up and then a slightly lower charge for "exchange" when you send the old one in to them. Automobile replacement parts work in a similar way. So there is nothing odd in the way the shop is quoting prices to you. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as SOlution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

That is true. HP has two prices for many replacement parts...one straight up and then a slightly lower charge for "exchange" when you send the old one in to them. Automobile replacement parts work in a similar way. So there is nothing odd in the way the shop is quoting prices to you. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as SOlution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer. It helped me.

Also can you please let me know the average price for the Hp envy m6 n010dx motherboard if anybody knows.

HP Recommended

This is the motherboard you need:

For use only with an AMD A10-5750M 2.50-GHz processor (spare part number 713548-001); equipped with the Windows 8 Standard operating system 760042-501

HP Parts in the US is out of stock on this part. 

The processor is not included with the motherboard (which makes it a little cheaper) and there are several for sale on US eBay for around $100US or a little less:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Envy-TouchSmart-M6-N-Series-AMD-FS1-CPU-Motherboard-760042-501-/142021346...

I am sure HP Parts would charge more like $200-300 for it if you could get it from them. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.