Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Tutor
Message 1 of 2 (98 Views)
Accepted Solution

Motherboard replaced

Product Name: HP Pavilian 15-CC007NX
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, I just want to ask if the motherboard of my laptop has been replaced, is it possible that the serial number will obtain? Or it should change the serial number also?

Thanks for your answer...
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Motherboard replaced

Hey there! @Jayson_24, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand the system board has been replaced on your PC and you need to know if the old motherboard serial number will be obtained.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

As you mentioned the system board has been replaced on your PC and you need to know if the old motherboard serial number will be obtained.

Yes, once the motherboard is replaced the repair technician will perform a tattoo on the motherboard by which it retains the old system information.

Once you ship the laptop in for repair the service technicians will install windows and run DMI tool to enter the system information.

Note: If your laptop was shipped with windows they will reinstall windows and erase any other operating system installed on the PC.

And you cannot change the product information on your PC as it would require a special tool called DMI to enter the details.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! :-)

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

View solution in context
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (64 Views)

Re: Motherboard replaced

Hey there! @Jayson_24, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand the system board has been replaced on your PC and you need to know if the old motherboard serial number will be obtained.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

As you mentioned the system board has been replaced on your PC and you need to know if the old motherboard serial number will be obtained.

Yes, once the motherboard is replaced the repair technician will perform a tattoo on the motherboard by which it retains the old system information.

Once you ship the laptop in for repair the service technicians will install windows and run DMI tool to enter the system information.

Note: If your laptop was shipped with windows they will reinstall windows and erase any other operating system installed on the PC.

And you cannot change the product information on your PC as it would require a special tool called DMI to enter the details.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! :-)

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

MrRobot
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation