Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17-3002ea
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have HP Envy 17 - 3002ea. Does the motherboard with spare part number 689999-001 suitable for my laptop?

In the "Maintenance and Service Guide" for HP Envy 17, I found that motherboards with the following spare part number: 689999-001, 689998-001, 665934-001, 665933-001, are suitable for this type of laptops.

I received this manual as suitable for my laptop from your site.

Thank you for the answer!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ŽeljkoĐ

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know the supported motherboards for your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

The motherboards listed in the service guide are for the entire series of the Envy 17 models. The motherboard 689999-001 uses a Socket 989 and the processor on your computer Intel Core i7-2670QM uses Socket 988 (G2) so it is not compatible with your computer.

HP doesn’t recommend upgrading or downgrading the processor or the motherboard however, you will do so at your own discretion.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@ŽeljkoĐ

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know the supported motherboards for your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

The motherboards listed in the service guide are for the entire series of the Envy 17 models. The motherboard 689999-001 uses a Socket 989 and the processor on your computer Intel Core i7-2670QM uses Socket 988 (G2) so it is not compatible with your computer.

HP doesn’t recommend upgrading or downgrading the processor or the motherboard however, you will do so at your own discretion.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your answer dear "The Fossette".

rPGA 989 writes to the processor case. Is that socet 989 or is it a label for something else?
I'm sending a photo to see.

It is hard to find  665933-001MB. I found 689998-001, 7850M/1G, 2D, socet 989. Is it compatible with my computer?

Best regards!

IMG_20201210_160816_2.jpg

HP Recommended

@ŽeljkoĐ

You can give it shot and it may or may not work with your computer.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

IMG_20201210_160816~2.jpg

HP Recommended

IMG_20201210_160816_2 (1).jpg

HP Recommended

Does it Intel core i7 2670 QM  processors compatible with 689998-001 motherboard?

Thank you for your answer!

HP Recommended

@ŽeljkoĐ

Yes, 689998-001  should work fine with the processor.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What is the difference between MB 665933-001and MB 689998-001?

Thank you for your answer!

HP Recommended

@ŽeljkoĐ

I do not have the detailed specifications of the motherboard. However, you should be able to find this information online.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.