Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have just bought a HP Z4000 Mouse, put new batteries, plugged the USB receiver.

My HP notebook with Windows 10 detects the receiver as Compatible HID Mouse.

I turned the mouse On and pressed the blue button to pair it with the receiver.

The Mouse blue led keeps blinking every 1second and nothing happens.

It won`t pair at all. I have tried holding the blue button for longer time (2s, 5s, 15s) and nothing happens.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Sylvio 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Sylvio,

Good Day! Welcome to the HP support forums. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding pairing issues with the HP wireless mouse. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Excellent description and great diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you with it. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

To assist you accurately I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you try the mouse on a different computer if possible to isolate the issue?
  • For a start please try these steps:

Please try these steps:
  • Please replace the batteries again.
  • Then pair the mouse by pressing the connect button on the mouse and wait for a few seconds and check again.
  • Try the mouse on a different USB port or a different computer. Please follow the steps in this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00006821#AbT3 relating to only the mouse.

If it still does not work, get the mouse replaced by contacting HP phone support.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the mouse is under warranty, the entire wireless mouse kit with the USB dongle will be replaced.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps. Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Let me know how it goes.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.