Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Dock G2 usb-C/A Non-thunderbolt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello, there's something strange going on with the g2 dock connected to an Asus Zenbook via USB-C

first off this zenbook is Thunderbolt, but i have another Asus S15 NON thunderbolt which i owned before and that's why i bought the non thunderbolt version of the G2. i needed to have a displaylink chip otherwise it would not work on the s15.

Now, on the zenbook, there are more issues - although power charging works which is nice:

1. there is a visible mouse lag :

tested with asus' intel iris plus drivers as well as intel officlal, same story.

i have a mouse lag when i do "extend" and i have my main screen set as the external screen, which is also an Asus by the way. if i choose the laptop's screen as main screen instead there is no lag and seems OK.

also, if i plug straight to the HDMI there is no lag and that's good though but not ideal.

On the s15 this does not happen.

In display properties the zenbook screen has a refresh rate of 59.9hertz while the xternal screen also asus has 60 hz, but the then again when it's straight plugged to HDMI works OK

2. This is really odd as well, excel and word HANG when it's connected to the g2 dock!

when i open excel, if i do CTRL a and then CTRL B, for doing BOLD text, excel completely hangs, even for a 3 items spreadsheet so not a 100 mb sheet.

I repaired office as i thought that could be M$ problem but not this time.. if i uplug the dock it works super fast as well. why? mistery.

3. finally i also noticed that while doing google hangouts the CPU usage is much higher than when you do straight with the laptop, like 13% versus 40-50% with the dock but that's understandable, so with the dock there's much work for the CPU involved, more pheriperhals connectede etc.

Still, i dont understand why i have the mouse lag and why excel hangs? i have latest G2 dock firmware.

is that because i am using a non-thunderbolt docking station on a thunderbolt port?

thanks,

Gabrio

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.