Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY DV6 7200SL CPU INTEL i7 3630QM 2.4GHz
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I CAN INSTALL IN MY ENVY DV6 7200 SL, WITH INTEL i7 3630QM 2.4GHz CPU, A KINGSTON SUV500MS / 480G SSD 480gb Ssdnow Uv500 Msata?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Gio63 

Others may have access to more detailed information, but the only specs I could find show you have a SATA drive in there at present and make no mention of any mSata port in the PC.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

See p. 71 of the Manual.

Manual 

There is an mSATA port but its hard to get to and of limited utility. Post back if you wish to discuss further. 

HP Recommended

MY PROBLEM IS NOT THE INSTALLATION OF THE HARDWARE BUT THE CONFIGURATION AS A PRIMARY DISK TO INCREASE THE SPEED OF MY PC.

This is possible?

HP Recommended

That's the limited utility I was referring to. It can only be the primary disk if it is the only storage device in the laptop. Otherwise the mSATA is designed to be used only as an acceleration cache and the BIOS will prevent it from being the boot or system disk. 

And mSATA is actually a bit slower than the latest generation of 2.5 inch SATA SSDs so the original advice to use a 2.5 inch SATA SSD in the hard drive bay is actually the best advice. 

HP Recommended

I tried to mount a SAMSUNG EVO860 ssd disk but the laptop does not see it.
I first cloned with data migration provided by the manufacturer and then I replaced the disk but it tells me disk not present.

Note: if I put the diso ssd on another computer everything is ok

HP Recommended

Like this:

shopping.png

Do you also have another hard drive in the computer?

HP Recommended

When I did the test with the SSD 860 EVO SAMSUNG disk, I only had the one installed, instead of the old hard disk.

(I tried to mount a SAMSUNG EVO860 ssd disk but the laptop does not see it.
I first cloned with data migration provided by the manufacturer and then I replaced the disk but it tells me disk not present.

Note: if I put the diso ssd on another computer everything is ok)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.