Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Revelnode Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mute button not working on HP Pavillion 15 model G6R25UA#ABL

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have checked the forums and was unable to find a viable solution for my model and operating system (most posts are from 2013 and before).

I got my laptop as Windows 8.1 and the light worked fine. I did the free upgrade to WIndows 10 and the Mute light stopped working.  Since then I have reformated my system to be Full windows 10 (not an upgraded) and still do not have the mute light.  I have tried upgrading my HD Audio drivers (AMD) and still no go.  Any ideas?

Here is my system info:

Product name:HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Product number:G6R25UA#ABL
BIOS:F.43-08/19/2015
Keyboard revision:90.41
Total memory:8.00 GB
Processor name:AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

Regards,

Matthew

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
3798 201 431
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mute button not working on HP Pavillion 15 model G6R25UA#ABL

Hi ,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the mute botton not lighting up. I will be glad to help you.

Does the sound mute when you push the button?

Does the volume up and down button work?

Please get back to me and I will try to help you.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation