Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop 13-ah0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,
I think that the model i have can charge via USB-C, but i tried and it is not working.
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 1992 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Next to the type-C port i see that charging symbol but i tried with my Huawei phone charger and didn't work.

Do you have any solution to the problem?

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@mxz9 

What is your HP ENVY Laptop 13-ah0xxx  ? For example

HP ENVY - 13-ah0051wm

Your machine probably has same ports  as above machine.

>>>> Huawei phone charger and didn't work.
No, your charger from a phone won't work, you need at least 45W charger.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi again! Thank you for your answer!

I can't find those "ports". In the System Summary says exactly this: System Model HP ENVY Laptop 13-ah0xxx
Ah maybe it didn't work because I used my phone's charger, which supports 4.5V (i can't find the watts).

(I would like to find the way to charge via USB-C or maybe by using an adaptor (USB to the laptop's charger input), to be able to charge the laptop with a Power Bank, in case I don't have access to a plug)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.