Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is a small crack in the corner of my HP laptop screen border. The crack isn't on the actual screen but it's on the black frame that surrounds it (where the webcam is placed on) . I have placed tape over the crack but i'm wondering if this could cause issues and should I get it repaired? The other corner of the screen is also beginning to crack. Is this a major problem? The laptop works fine and there are no issues with the actual screen. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No its at the opposite end from the hinge. So that crack does not indicate a problem with the hinge. I have no idea why its happening. But its cosmetic, not functional. You do not absolutely need to fix it. If you want to it would just be a matter of replacing the plastic screen frame which I could probably find for you on eBay for less than $25. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

It could possibly be the screen hinges beginning to seize up. If it is causing the bezel to crack it may be causing internal damage. Get it looked at. 

HP Recommended

295868.jpg

 it looks like this, I have placed tape over the crack. 

HP Recommended

It will take a while for the picture to clear the censors.

HP Recommended

So there's definitely something wrong with it that could cause intern damage to the screen?  I thought this was just a border around it and it shouldn't cause any harm. 

HP Recommended

Yes if it were the hinge it would break down where the screen joins the rest of the laptop. Yes up there its very hard to figure how that happened. But its purely cosmetic. 

HP Recommended

Sorry I'm not that much of a tech wiz but is the damage definititely on the hinge? Should I be worried if I don't get this repaired? 

HP Recommended

No its at the opposite end from the hinge. So that crack does not indicate a problem with the hinge. I have no idea why its happening. But its cosmetic, not functional. You do not absolutely need to fix it. If you want to it would just be a matter of replacing the plastic screen frame which I could probably find for you on eBay for less than $25. 

HP Recommended

OK  I'll probably just use superglue to glue it back together then thanks! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.