cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My HP Monitor Will not Wake up from Sleep

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 22cw IPS LED Backlit Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My HP monitor will not turn on with my Lenovo laptop. I am using an HDMI cord for both ports and my monitor will not turn on, but it detects it. It even lets me extend displays and I can drag windows from the monitor's screen onto my laptop screen. Although I can do this, the monitor reads as 'HDMI: No signal', and the display goes to sleep. When I plugged the same HDMI cord into another laptop, it works perfectly fine with the same display settings. My laptop's Monitor Drivers are up to date and my graphics card(AMD Radeon A8) is also updated. 

The monitor has worked before with my Lenovo laptop before, but after a while of not using it, I guess it stopped working. I'm assuming it is my laptop due to the monitor working with another laptop, I am not sure what I have done to make it stop working, but I feel like it's a simple fix that I cannot find at the moment.

When I do plug in the HDMI to my laptop the little power button for the monitor lights up blue, but then it says it's going to sleep and doesn't come back on. If I do unplug my laptop from the HDMI cord, my laptop for some reason still feels as if it is still plugged in and I can move my cursor off the screen even when the cord isn't in.

I do not know why this is, please help me fix this problem because I want my monitor to work.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
88 88 17 124
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,

It sounds like you've tested a lot of different scenarios with the cable, PC, and monitor which is great.

If your monitor is a flat panel LCD, I have found a great document that has a step by step process that walks through a process of elimination as each check is completed. 

"HP Flat Panel LCD Monitors - Monitor is Blank"

It indicates that if the monitor works on another computer, it could be the PC's video hardware and updated video drivers may be needed.

Regards,

I'm an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation