cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RFDG
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

My HP OMEN 15-en0006na won't accept new RAM.

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-en0006na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to upgrade my RAM from 2x4GB (original RAM) to 2x16GB 3200 MHz JEDEC Modules in my HP OMEN 15-en0006na Ryzen 7 4800H +1660ti

This is the second time I have tried with different modules. The first time I thought it was because the RAM wasn't JEDEC rated at 3200MHz(Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz 2x16GB DDR4) but now I am beginning to think there is something else wrong.

At first the problem was the machine would boot windows but no program would load or open, eventually prompting an error and crashing. I then replaced the original RAM modules but the problem persists. I then completed a system restore which seemed to fix the issue.

A few days later my replacement modules arrive(Kingston HyperX Impact 2x16GB 3200MHz DDR4) and I insert the new RAM in the machine. All seems to work for a bit . Until the same initial symptoms show.

I have completed extensive system tests in the UEFI Diagnostics and all tests have passed.

When I completed the test, the machine refused to boot and BSOD was encountered with error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.

I have now replaced the original modules and completed a system restore. I will be using the machine with its original hardware for the time being.

Can someone please help? I need the RAM to be high due to the nature of the work I am doing at University.

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
89,321 89,200 11,438 24,540
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RFDG 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06693032

HP does not supply 16GB (one piece) part, only

• 8 GB, DDR4-3200 part # L46598-001
  • 4 GB, DDR4-3200 part # L83673-001

HP uses RAM from few suppliers. Did you check which RAM is on your machine now ? You can use same specs and brand (larger capacity) from existing RAM.

There is a tool called CPU-Z to find out.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
RFDG
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The only reason I got HyperX Impact is because it was confirmed by other Omen 15 users to work flawlessly.

Is it a guarantee for the "green" modules from the manufacturer to work smoothly?

I have checked CPU-Z for the Manufacturer and CAS timings and such. Micron technology is the manufacturer which means the Crucial Modules that I initially bought should've worked.

Also, it's encouraged for users to upgrade the RAM which is why opening the underside to replace RAM or SSD does not void the warranty. It does not make sense for these consumer brands to be rejected by the machine.

I have also watched a range of guides to make sure I am installing the modules correctly. As far as I'm aware I am doing the installation correctly.

Regards,

R

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation