Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-eg0004nv
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eg0004nv is not clocking the memory to 3200Mhz profile.

I check the BIOS and nowhere XMP profile to Enable.

The memory modules are SAMSUNG 8Gb x2 (16Gb) 3200Mhz rated speed, but inside CPU-Z utility shows that memory clock sometimes to 500Mhz and some times to 800Mhz, is not clocked at the half speed of the 3200Mhz to 1600Mhz.

The JEDEC profiles shows the options for 1600Mhz profiles but memory is not working to that.

memory1.PNGmemory2.PNGmemory3.PNGmemory4.PNG

wwpavilion info.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Rigas_GR

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well after 4 days off spend time the final conclusion is the Energy star cuts the CPU frequency to the bottom of the sea.

I test all well known benchmarks to see why this happens on CPU and memory (SAMSUNG DDR4 3200MHz)

results was 350cb for multi threat score, that is nice for my sons i3-1005 cpu, not for a Hi perfomance i7-1165g7..... at the start was very disspapoint and even Windows re install from BIOS UEFI to see what happens.

The final solution to this poor performance was to unistall the HP software, and check what does.

The cinebench score rise to 858cb points at multithreat (OK is not 1000cb points Intel claim but not 350cb get previous)

also as an HP customer 1st time of my life, I am very dissapoint that HP not let user to have the option at Windows battery and energy plans the ability to run the Hi Performance or the Ultimate perfomance power plans.

the only power plan is one that is very stricted to perfomance = for the bottom of the sea.

I dont demand to overclock the CPU, but demand the overall configuration to run on Intel specificartions...... for example the CPU stack to 2800MHz and not Turbo clock even on Hi end apps. The Turbo clock single or multi is Intel specs and dont like that a custom made Windows 10 version cuts the CPU.

HP Recommended

@Rigas_GR

Thank you for posting back.

HP does not recommend to use Third party measuring apps as they are not tested by HP and may not be accurate. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.