cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LH64
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My Laptop failed, just a year old, says system has detected that a cooling fan is not working right.

HP Recommended
HP Pavilionx360

I bought this laptop just a little over a year ago, had problems off and on. My first laptop. Took into best buy has it kept freezing up..... and I could hear a loud humming once in awhile. Supposedly they fixed. Warranty just expired. They say Oct. 28, my receipt says Nov. 8th, 2020.  Trying to contact HP but all i get is a chat robot. Is there a number to contact a real live person? Please help, ....so frustrated. We also purchased a desktop, so spent $1600 on HP at the same time. It's windows 10 but not sure if its 32 or 64-bit?  Message comes up says "the system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly.  Continued operation is not recommended and may cause unpredictable behavior and could result in possible system damage. System will shutdown in 16 seconds." Most recent service was Nov. 7, 2020.  I am trying to get a real person to speak to at HP, but can't find number only robot chat.  Please help! Does anyone have a HP phone number for help?

1 REPLY 1
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,031 2,031 68 98
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@LH64, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please capture the error code or message on the blue or black screen if it appeared before the computer turned off automatically, I would request you to follow the below steps to capture and reply back with the error message/code to identify the issue and find a permanent fix: 

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings. 

• In the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings. 

• Under System Failure, remove the checkmark next to Automatically restart, and then click OK. 

• Restart the computer to apply the change. 

• The computer no longer restarts automatically when a blue screen error occurs. 

For more details: click here 

However, if the computer shuts down and the lights on both the power button and the charger port turns off, 

you may need to try with an alternate power adapter and reseat the battery before you try using it again 

And if the issue persists, please Contact HP as this could be a hardware failure. 

Please reply back with the error code as the issue is code specific and it would be rather easier to provide an accurate solution using the same. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation