Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

My laptop lid is jammed and will not open especially right hand hinge. My laptop show NO outward signs of issues and there is no crack around the hinges. The screws on the bottom plate are all tight, but there is stress on the hinges and I know something will break if I try to force it open. There is tension/stress on the hinges and I can only lift the lid about 1 inch up from the keyboard. 

Please, I need help🥺

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Purityusiem

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Purityusiem

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Looks as though we have had the same issue.. I have 2 of the hp pavilion convertible 14m-cd0000 x360 laptops and after the warranty was up the hinge on one broke and ripped the screen half way of the laptop and then a couple of weeks later the other laptop the hinge broke but luckily I was able to catch that one before it ripped the screen off like the other laptop but it did pop the bottom corner of the screen out. I bother them at the same time brand new still in sealed box almost $1000.00 with hopes they would last me a few years and they barely made it over a year.. I sent all the laptops info to whomever from HP on here messaged me asking for the info and no response since.. these laptops should have a recall on them beings it's due to crappy parts on them that they are breaking.. I can't afford to pay to buy now 3 new computers since now I'm getting ready to homeschool 2 of my children so they each need one for that and one for myself for work.. I have always bought HP and have never had a problem until now..  HP honestly should do what's right and replace the laptops due to a manufacturer default and if they don't I hate to say for myself and anyone I know I will make sure they start to lose business..  hopefully everyone with this problem gets answers and some how does what is right and replaces them and lists them on the recall list.. good luck to you

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. They have been really helpful. They have reached out to me with the necessary details to get to their repairer. I think you should reach out to them again, they could revisit your case.

Have a nice day! 

HP Recommended

Congratulations so glad they have helped you.. I bet it is a relief for you. Unfortunately I have tried reaching out to them several times and still have yet to get any response so at this point I have about lost all hope that HP will help take care of this problem with my laptops.. I'm so happy for you though.. enjoy your day..  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.