Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15s- eq1262ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Community,

I have bought a Notebook HP 15s- eq1262ng Product number 20S02EA#ABD on 24.Feb 2021 and have some problems.

1- I have registered it on HP registration page on 24.Feb 2021, but it showed me that Guarantee begins on 29.Jan 2021. Was this Notebook activated by another customer before on 29.Jan 2021 and sent back to store, and the store sold me that "already used" Notebook as "New" Notebook?

2- I cant find HP 15s- eq1262ng in the HP Support and Driver page. This Notebook can't be identificated automaticly, and when I search with serial or product number, I get an error message.

3- "My Dashboard" webpage is identificating this Notebook as "HP Laptop 15s-eq1xxx", and when I click on this Notebook, I get an error message.

4- "HP Support Assitant" app is indentificating this Notebook as "HP Laptop 15s-eq1xxx", and when I click on "HP Product Support Page", I am landing on HP 15-e1000 page, which is not my Notebook.

Same problem on all browser, Chrome, Edge and Firefox.

I have called Hotline, they told me that Guarantee begin date on 29.Jan 2021 would be production date of Notebook, but this sounds to me very unlikely.
About the problems on HP Support Web Pages they told me that there is some maintenance ongoing on the web server, and I should write an Email to destore.postsales@hp.com
So I sent an Email to destore.postsales@hp.com, and they answered, that they can't investigate this problem and I should call the Hotline. Very Professional!

Has someone similar problems, or is someone from HP Support team here who could help me please?

Regards
Cevat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Regarding the warranty start and end dates...What they told you is correct.

The warranty clock starts ticking the minute the PC leaves the assembly plant.

So the longer the PC sits unsold, the less time remains on the warranty.

You can have the warranty start and end dates corrected in two ways...

1.  Submit an online warranty dispute form.

HP PCs, Drucker  - Einreichen einer Anfechtung zur Prüfung der Garantie | HP® Kundensupport

2. If the above method doesn't work contact HP customer support in Germany and have a customer services rep help you get the warranty start and end dates adjusted.

Kontakt zu HP / Kundenservice | HP® Deutschland

Regarding the drivers, manuals...you may be able to  use the drivers and manuals from this model which has similar AMD hardware.

I would hold off on updating the BIOS unless the HP support assistant (see below) finds the same BIOS update.

HP Laptop - 15s-eq1018au | HP® Customer Support

You can also use the HP support assistant to automatically find the drivers you need for your PC.

Click on the orange download button at the upper right side of the webpage.

HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Regarding the warranty start and end dates...What they told you is correct.

The warranty clock starts ticking the minute the PC leaves the assembly plant.

So the longer the PC sits unsold, the less time remains on the warranty.

You can have the warranty start and end dates corrected in two ways...

1.  Submit an online warranty dispute form.

HP PCs, Drucker  - Einreichen einer Anfechtung zur Prüfung der Garantie | HP® Kundensupport

2. If the above method doesn't work contact HP customer support in Germany and have a customer services rep help you get the warranty start and end dates adjusted.

Kontakt zu HP / Kundenservice | HP® Deutschland

Regarding the drivers, manuals...you may be able to  use the drivers and manuals from this model which has similar AMD hardware.

I would hold off on updating the BIOS unless the HP support assistant (see below) finds the same BIOS update.

HP Laptop - 15s-eq1018au | HP® Customer Support

You can also use the HP support assistant to automatically find the drivers you need for your PC.

Click on the orange download button at the upper right side of the webpage.

HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

many thanks for your help. 

Your Link HP Laptop - 15s-eq1018au | HP® Customer Support seems not the same Notebook, it has a different CPU, my CPU is AMD Ryzen 7 4700U with Radeon Graphics

Now my HP Support Assistant found a new BIOS,  SoftPaq-Number sp112828  Version: F.33

I am unsure if I should update or not. What do you think?

Regards

Cevat

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Here is the info on the BIOS update you received...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp112501-113000/sp112828.html

TITLE: HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

VERSION: F.33 REV: A PASS: 1
DESCRIPTION:
This package provides an update to the System BIOS. The update installs on
supported notebook models using a supported Microsoft Windows Operating System.
Restart the system to complete the installation.

PURPOSE: Recommended
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP112828
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: sp112828.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: 8f3bb63c486c3e06f0b71b723d46409b
SUPERSEDES: SP112648
EFFECTIVE DATE: March 02, 2021
CATEGORY: BIOS
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes

PRODUCT TYPE(S):
Notebooks

HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP 15 Laptop

OPERATING SYSTEM(S):
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (64-bit)

LANGUAGE(S): Global

ENHANCEMENTS:
- Provides improved system stability.

PREREQUISITES: NONE
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and
saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).

2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.

Copyright (c) 2021 HP Development Company, L.P.

Unfortunately, I don't know what that means... provides improved system stability.

I guess if you are having issues with your notebook such as crashing and blue screens, perhaps the BIOS update would be a good thing to do.

I have gotten BIOS updates in the past where the purpose was listed as critical, so this BIOS update is not critical.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.