Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 doesn't show up in device manager anymore, only the integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 does show.

I tried installing the drivers manually, updating BIOS, updating windows but nothing seems to work.
I have a feeling the GPU isn't in it's slot anymore and that it's not a software/driver issue.

I tried opening the laptop up to see if any cable is disconnected but can't see any direct problems.

BwYUWWA

This basically gives 2 errors;

-the driver isn't compatible with the windows version (version 1909)
-the driver can't find any compatible GPU (this makes me think the GPU isn't connected)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Stijnm1999

I reviewed your post and I understand that the GPU is not getting detected in the device manager.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you boot to BIOS (Restart the computer and start tapping F10 to boot to BIOS) and check whether the graphics card is getting detected in the BIOS. If it is getting detected then it confirms a software issue or else the GPU might have gone bad.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried over 30x but I can't seem to get BIOS to open. Tried multiple keys as well.

When I do get BIOS to open through system recovery and edit UEFI settings it does open but it does not show the advanced tab.

When booting the laptop it takes way longer than it did before the GPU got disabled/broken and when spamming or holding F10, F1, esc F9, delete it just goes to the login screen.

HP Recommended

@Stijnm1999

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.