cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

My battery is stuck at 48%. If I unplug it it loses battery and gets stuck lower.

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360

My laptop was stuck at 50% despite charging (it DOES have the charging symbol, it just didn’t go above50%). I restarted it, didn’t fix it, so I shut it down and left it unplugged overnight. Didn’t solve it. I tried leaving it unplugged for a few minutes, battery went down to 48%. Now when I plug it in it won’t go above 48%.

this started yesterday, 9/21/20. Haven’t had battery problems before that. I’m running windows 10 I guess. 

Kinda need this laptop for classes, would appreciate help. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
27,025 26,953 2,461 5,848
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@allu27 

You can check the battery to some extent using Powershell built into Windows 10. as follows:
1) Press Windows key + X
2) Click Powershell in the menu
3) Type powercfg /batteryreport

This will generate a report and if you scroll down, you will see Design Capacity and Full Charge Capacity ratings. If the Full Charge Capacity is less than 50% of the Design Capacity, it is faulty and needs to be replaced.

Also note the figure alongside the "Cycle Count". This tells how many times the battery has been fully recharged. A typical battery can handle around 500 charge cycles, but some will fail sooner than that.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WAWood

Hi,

I checked, and design and full charge capacity are the same number (and it just gives me a dash for the cycle count). But my battery’s still at 48% despite having been plugged in for 24 hours straight now (I’m not willing to let it run down as I *really* need this for school, especially right now).

not really sure what to do here, does this suggest that it’s not a hardware problem? Or just a different type of hardware problem

thanks

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation