cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My battery stops charging at 80%. Reads 80% (plugged in).

HP Recommended
Elitebook 850 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Elitebook 850 G5 is 2-1/2 years old.  The battery stops charging at 80%.  Reads "80% (plugged in)"  When plugged it, it remains at 80%, so the battery is charging.

I have run a battery diagnostic, and it reads the battery is good, no problems.

I have depleted the battery to 10% and recharged.  Same problem. 

Suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Level 19
Level 19
88,430 88,315 11,280 24,232
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Buddy668 

I believe your machine has 3 years warranty for battery too therefore it keeps 80% as default (my machine is the same)

840 bat test 201208.png

Capping at 80% will normally give battery more life that why HP can warranty 3 years for batteries on many business class machines.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation