Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

It does this when it dies and is not plugged up within an hour, it shut down, and when the battery comes out it's done it 10 times since late July

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Hx_ 

Without understanding what you are asking and the problem you are describing, I would guess the battery in your computer has failed.

Unknown problem ...

HP Diagnostics - HP Support Diagnostic Tools - HP Laptop Computers & Printers

HP Diagnostics – HP Support Diagnostics Tools - Computing

OR

If the battery is the cause of the problem, the battery must be replaced.

If you think the battery is in trouble, you can test it.

In fact, you can test a number of the components in the computer.

TKB Article contributed by HP Wes_notebooks 

Clear and easy to understand "how-to" instructions for completing component testing

Testing for Hardware Failures

If the battery needs to be replaced...

Replacement and Purchase Options

HP Document:  HP Notebook PCs - Purchasing a Replacement Battery

Find your Product

See:  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Find Parts and Replacement Procedure

• Open Support Home >> Enter the full model name
  • When the website opens, select category Manuals
  • Look for and open the Maintenance and Service guide for your computer (document name varies)
  • Search for “Battery” >> Read the chapter on Replacement Procedures

NOTES  

1. The exact name of the service document varies, though usually the word "service" or "maintenance" is included in the name. 
  2. The "Service Guide" and "User Guide" are not the same documents.
  • Part numbers and replacement procedure are listed in the component replacement section (wording varies)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Reference

HP Collection of “how-to” videos

HP Video Gallery

• Use Categories and / or enter your request in the search bar to narrow the search. 

Examples,

Select Category Computing and Mobile Devices > Battery and Power

Select Category Computing and Mobile Devices > Parts Replacement and Upgrades

Search for replace battery or replace battery x360

Select and watch your Video

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find / Check for parts at PartSurfer / HP Parts Store

PartSurfer might be able to tell you exactly which parts came with your computer.

Open PartSurfer

• Select your Country
  • Enter the device Product Number , Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
  • HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number
  • Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase

Parts marked as "n/a" are not available from HP.

Parts marked as available for purchase might be available from:  HP Parts Store

OR

If HP does not provide the part for retail purchase,

Use your search engine to find a compatible replacement at your favorite online store.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts / Procedures), Product Information (Specifications)...

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I don't think it's a battery problem my computer reboots and deletes everything I have my files and stuff. But some apps stay on I just have to set them up again. I remember my battery came out and it rebooted it does it when it's powered off too. Also when it dies and isn't plugged up in a certain amount of time but I will try to find a battery.

HP Recommended

@Hx_ 

You could be losing a disk, I guess.

This does not usually happen over months - and there are generally warning signs (large error messages that prevent the system from booting and / or running).

By now you are an expert at backing up your data so you don't lose it.  Keep those current.  

Consider testing whatever components you can test.

Hardware (beyond simple battery replacement) is not my particular specialty but we do have Experts who are well versed on the subject should it be necessary that you do replace your system disk.

What else?

It could be a  Windows based problem...

For example, if you managed to migrate the system to Windows 2004 and that is when everything started "going sideways", you are not alone.  There are lots of people who have migrated easily and are happy - there are others who have had to backtrack to V1909 just to stop the problems that kept erupting.

TKB Article contributed by HP Expert WAWood

Updating your laptop to Windows 10 v2004 -- May 2020 Update

Another of our respected Experts has assured me that age of the computer has naught to do with success.   True, that.  Given that what I know about the subject fits into a thimble, I would say that if the system migrated and you are Not having odd driver and software problems, then all should continue to be well with 2004 running on your computer.

That said, if all of this did start happening to you after migrating to Windows 2004, you might want to consider going back to V1909 - at least for a while.  Personal choice.  I cannot advice on migration questions.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

You may be right I've had something pop up on my computer about disk storage for maybe 2 years now. Now I don't have it all. So how would I get it back?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.