Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP laptop is having a major issue with its cooling fan. On about January 14th, my laptop's fan suddenly got very loud and started to act very wrong. Programs (mainly video games) started to have worse performance and would cause my computer to get much hotter than before the fan started to malfunction. What's worse is that when I went into the laptop's BIOS to keep the fan on at all times, I never heard any fan noise coming from the PC. This isnt a good sign because it indicates that the fan has completely stopped functioning. It's definitely a hardware issue because when I boot up the system, I am always greeted with a message saying that there is a problem with the cooling fan.

Is there anything that can be done to repair or reoperate the cooling fan?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you let us know the exact model or product number of the notebook 

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

It should not too difficult to replace the fan. If you provide the model number we can take a look at how it is done.

Let us know,

David

HP Recommended

My laptop's model is "HP laptop 14-dq1xxx" according to System Information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.