05-13-2014 02:00 PM
I have a HP G60-507DX that does not turn on. When I plug in the charger, the ac adapter light turns on but when I try to turn it on, nothing happens, none of the status lights come on or blink, not even a noise from the computer. I have tried a hard reset using the power button and taking out the battery, that did not work. Please help?
05-14-2014 09:33 AM - last edited on 03-06-2017 04:08 PM by OscarFuentes
So just the power light turns on, when connecting the AC Adapter. At least that indicates that you are getting power from the outlet. Are you using the same AC Adapter that came with the PC? Sometimes an underpowered AC adapter can be problematic. If the AC Adapter is the same, or equivalent, have you tried powering on the PC with just the AC Adapter (remove the battery and leave it out when trying to power up)?
You might review Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot to make sure you have tried everything listed, but if the PC still won't start up after verifying the AC Adapter is getting power and working, then the problem may be in the power circuits inside the notebook, which would require service to resolve it.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot