cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riccardoraffo
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

My integrated webcam works with any browsers but won't work with the applications

HP Recommended
Elitebook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello folks,

I have a strange problem with an HP Elitebook 8470p. (Windows 7 -64bi)

I'm not able to see any image from the webcam while using any Windows applications such as Zoom, Skype o other installed programs.

I was starting to think about a hardware problem but checking the webcam with the browser I discovered it works great.

Using Jisti or testing the camera with an online tool like https://webcamtests.com/ works great.

So?

Here is what I tried to solve the problem.

- OS and driver update (even the webcam driver, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc...)
- Antivirus reinstallation (I had a doubt Kaspersky was blocking the access to the camera)
- bios update

- USB driver uninstall and automatically reinstalled.

All the applications are able to see a webcam but the screen is blank. Moreover, Zoom says is not able to access the camera. It looks like there is another application that is using the camera but when I test it using an online application works normally.
Do you have any suggestions to solve this issue?
Thanks a lot

Riccardo

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation