Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Notebook 15AC120TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop 15 AC120TX battery showing not charging while laptop is on and connected to charger but battery is charging when i put laptop in sleep mode.. i have run diagnostic. Showing battery and ac adaptor pass.. help me.. i am also getting error symtem ct number missing

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Drmophc

Welcome to HP forums, I see that notebook battery is not charging.

I understand that you ran a diagnostics and the battery test is passed.

Calibrate the battery 

1. In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant.

2. Select the My devices tab, then select your PC from the device list.

HP Support Assistant home screen

3. Click the Troubleshooting and fixes tab, then select Battery Check.

Selecting Battery Check

4. Wait while the battery check completes.

HP Battery Check in progress

HP Battery Check displays the results.

Battery test results

5. Review the HP Support Assistant Battery Check results.

6. f the option to use the HP battery auto calibration feature displays, this is preferred. Otherwise, click Learn How to Calibrate your Battery for the steps to calibrate your battery.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.