Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-ac124tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I plugged in my ac adaptor to my laptop when the battery was at 14% ,but then suddenly the battery indicator light became 'white'(indicating it is fully charged) but battery level was at 22% and laptop was showing 'not charging' and then after few seconds the indicator became 'orange' again and laptop was showing 'plugged in, charging' and then it charged upto 25% .These whole thing kept repeating and somehow reached 100%.

So,I tried running the laptop without battery and it worked fine. I also ran an battery diagnostic and it came positive. I also ran ac adaptor test without battery and it also came positive.I didn't make any major changes in my laptop before all these started happeing.Both my battery and adaptor is original and my laptop is two years old.
Things I tried:
1)I uninstalled and then reinstalled the battery and ac adapter drivers.
2)Updated bios to latest version.
3)Calibrated the battery.
None of these solved my problem.

I hope someone can help me to find a solution to this.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RJRY,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post you are having issues with the laptop battery not charging as it's suppose to. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this.

Splendid effort and fabulous description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score.  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 

As I see you have already exhausted all possible troubleshooting steps and unfortunately nothing has helped to resolve this issue. 

In this scenario, this looks like a possible software related issue. I would suggest the next step would be to perform an system reset on your PC.

For more details: HP PCs - Resetting Your Computer (Windows 10)

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried a reset but it didn't solve the problem. Also I ran the battery test again but this time it failed and it showed that the battery need to be replaced.

HP Recommended

@RJRY,

It's great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I see that you have reset the computer and the issue still persists, Moreover you have run the test on the battery which which has failed this time.

I did go through the Product specifications and found that your PC was shipped with 4-cell, 41 Wh Li-ion polymer battery.

Please go through the Maintenance and Service guide of your notebook, Here you have the part number which is tested and compatible on your PC.

Go to Chapter 3. Illustrated Parts catalog - Section Computer major components - page number 21 for the battery part number.

If you wish you could try other parts at your own discretion, However, HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty and performance.

If you're comfortable in replacing the part, You could purchase the part from HP, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx 

And order it via the HP Parts store: https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/CountryChoice.aspx?mscssid=&ccode=ZZ&lcode=ZZ 

Or I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.