Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion gaming laptop 15-ec0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello 

I have a problem with my computer 

It's 

HP Pavilion 15,6 pulgadas FHD Gaming Laptop AMD Ryzen 5-3550H, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD+1TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050, Quad-Core hasta 3,70 GHz, 1920x1080, Backlit, RJ-45 LAN, Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C, Win 10

It doesn't detect my video card 

I upgraded my bios, but I don't know if it could be the problem 

I will upload a picture of the bios 

IMG_20200617_150537.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

if your worried its the bios dont worry! try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiGUojtr3E

if it doesnt work, type device manager in windows search bar, open it, the go to display adapter, screenshot it. i will try to fix it.

In this video, you will see how to restore the BIOS on your HP computer. Many HP computers allow you to recover the last known working version of the BIOS from the hard drive in case of an issue. Follow the simple steps in this video to restore your BIOS with ease. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction ...
HP Recommended

Ok, first of all, thanks.
I did it. 
I will send you a screenshot
I can see the video card in device manager, but I have the same message in my bios, bios doesn't detect it
Why is that happening? 
screenshot.PNG

HP Recommended

I'm interested in install ubuntu in my notebook and use another screen
But when i tried it, my computer didn't detect the other screen
In windows, it works
I don't know why
Can you help me?

HP Recommended

heres the thing, nvidia support with linux is still not good at all, different story with amd card tho.

because your on a laptop, nvidia uses a hybrid gpu technology called nvidia optimus. it switchs beetween your vega and gtx. but i can NEVER  run your gtx at 100% in most gaming scenario, because the gtx card is used to process the graphic, but ONLY the vega can display it to your screen with no problem. even if you disabe the vega the gtx cant fully utilize your screen capabillities. it will only run at 64hz. and fullscreen games like subnautica or valorant only run at 5fps then crashes

but if you just want ubuntu for daily task/light gaming, you can boot linux using USB stick!

here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vq_v0oGPH8

so if you boot from internal drive it will be windows, but if you plug usb before you turn on it will boot into linux!

if you are interested, massage me i will help you install linux on the usb.

HP Recommended

its not that your bios doesnt detect. its that your reading the "proccesor type:     AMD Ryzen 5 3550h with Radeon VEGA mobile Gfx "

if you want to see the dedicated card its on the advanced tab, which hp locked so that you cant overclock.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.