04-08-2011 02:12 PM
Just this evening, my laptop started 'beeping' constantly - a regular 'pinging' sound which occasionally misses but is continuous, starting a few minutes after logging into Windows. I purchased my laptop just after Christmas 2010 and have not had any other problems.
04-08-2011 11:34 PM
It could be one of a couple of things.
Eminent hardware failure lurking around the corner.
Overheating can do this too.
An update recently changed your sound drivers, which your can restore WINDOWS
to back before the update was applied.
04-09-2011 04:10 AM
Strangely, this morning the beeping has disappeared..... It will be one of those unsolved mysteries - but thanks to Homerepairman for a quick response with some suggestions.
04-09-2011 03:07 PM
I have this same problem on a dv5-2045x that I bought a month ago. It pings or beeps non stop in the sleep mode only. It does not beep in the hibernation mode. It sure is annoying.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot