Jehns
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop keeps turning itself off without Overheating

HP Pavilion G4
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi my name is Jehnsen, I hav my own laptop, one day after finish my work i return at home, When i got it home i try connect my moden bt one minutes later it turned off. Then i tried to turn it one agein but Never even completely started. It has already been determined that it is not a heating issue, this computer runs ice cold. Before I take it back for a third time does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this. But sometims it turn on without work bt when i open any program it sudden it turn off, And i tried to chang HDD but id did tha same. I need your help guys, I know its possiple to work with your solutions. Thank

1 REPLY 1
Level 17
Level 17
40,815 40,602 6,382 11,120
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop keeps turning itself off without Overheating

G4 is an older machine so it could be many things. However, the next thing I would test is the memory. You can download a program called memtest86 which will make a bootable disk and run the full test on your memory. 

http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

The Free Edition will work fine for you. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation