Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavalion 15 noo3tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi sir my hp pavalion note book 15 n003tx laptop in power on issue and repaired my laptop and after repaired my laptop model no. And serial no. Different shows and my windows not activate . So please give me suggestion. What is the actual problem hardware issue or software issue please help me sir. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The English is not completely making sense. Who repaired the laptop? And how? This usually happens when the motherboard is replaced and it has not been "tattoed" with the model and serial number. Also possibly a motherboard that was originally only for a laptop with FreeDOS was used in the repair and it has no embedded Windows license. Did you repair it? Did a shop do it?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The English is not completely making sense. Who repaired the laptop? And how? This usually happens when the motherboard is replaced and it has not been "tattoed" with the model and serial number. Also possibly a motherboard that was originally only for a laptop with FreeDOS was used in the repair and it has no embedded Windows license. Did you repair it? Did a shop do it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.