Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear hp community,

Last time I asked question on the hp community about my laptop screen that remained black even after turning on the power button. However, unfortunately I couldn't get any advice/response.

So, I took my laptop to the hp service center in my city Nashik Maharashtra India.

They said that the product is out of warranty. They denied to repair it. I gave the laptop to a local vendor who damaged my laptop motherboard. 

Now, the fan inside the laptop is not turning on.

I wish to replace the part.

Please tell me where can I get it replaced.

I don't want a duplicate part of anytany local company that lasts very short.

product is - A4G29AV

Model- g6t-2000

Laptop is hp pavilion G6

IMG-20220129-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220129-WA0000.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Are you located in India or the US? Not clear from your profile. Yours is a CTO notebook which means it might have any of a number of different processors. What are the exact specs? On a laptop of this age, HP will not have original stock any more and motherboard options are going to be for refurbished or old stock. You might also find that the price of a dependable motherboard is more than the laptop is worth. But if you wish to proceed we can find a motherboard. As to where you can get it installed, that depends on the answer to my first question. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response.

Currently, I live in India.

However, If needed, I am ready courier my laptop to the USA to get it repaired.

My laptop display was black upon turning on the power button. So, I posted a question about it on the hp support community; however, unfortunately no one responded. I took my laptop to a local hp service center for repairing purpose. They denied to accept it citing its "out of warranty" status. So, I took it to a local vendor who unknowingly damaged it further. Now, my laptop fan doesn't run even after turning on the power button. 

If you need any further information,

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Awaiting your reply.

Best regards,

Priya

HP Recommended

Well this is a "project". I see evidence of very severe water damage. I'm going to take a pass on trying to give you any advice that's going to solve this problem. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response.

Despite water damage, my laptop was running well (for 3 years) until recently when a local vendor damaged its motherboard inadvertently through diagnostics. 

Thanks though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.