Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-g102au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I just upgraded my laptop (HP 14 G102au - AMD A4 5000 APU processor) from 4 GB of RAM to 8 GB of RAM. But when I check the system information it only have 3,47 GB of physical memory and the remaining 4.5 GB are reserve to the hardware. Little that I know this device uses some of the memory to increases the graphic performances, but I think 4.5 GB is a big ask. How do I change the memory allocation since the device doesn't have the feature to change this in BIOS?

I've tried several things such as unchecked the maximum memory on msconfig, I tried to set the maximum and minimum memory of the paging file of the virtual memory, and I also tried to changed the memory management in registry editor, but none of them seems to worked.

hm_zacky_0-1660460327496.png

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @hm_zacky 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

Let's analyze step by step ...

(1) Please send screenshot of windows <task manager>

- tab [ details ]

- sort list by memory ( max first )

(2) Run    msinfo32

- Select <System Summary>:

- copy/paste to following key/values pairs:

OS Name

Version

System SKU ( equals HP product number (p/n) )

BIOS Version/Date

(3Please report your results

HP Recommended

If you did not upgrade by installing an identical memory module and instead just put in another 4GB module of different manufacturer, this is what can happen.

You are lucky that the second module is even recognized as being present.

Always remove the single module that is originally installed and  upgrade  with a pair of identical guaranteed compatible memory modules for best results.  

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Helo, this is it.

(1)

hm_zacky_0-1661242568537.png

(2)

OS Name

Microsoft Windows 10 Education

Version

10.0.19044 Build 19044

System SKU ( equals HP product number (p/n) )

K8U80PA#AR6

BIOS Version/Date

Insyde F.49, 19/07/2018

HP Recommended

No, the device has only one sodimm slot. And I choose the same brand

HP Recommended

Hello @hm_zacky 

Please do basic checks ...

(1How to Fix Hardware Reserved Memory Windows 10

(2) Please report your results

HP Recommended

Crucial memory says that there are two slots. One may be covered by  sticker.

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/hp-14-g102au

There is a command line method of virtually seeing what your notebook has for memory slots and what is installed.

Open a command line window  and then  copy and paste in the following and then press return.  (Ctrl-C for copy and Ctrl-V for paste)

wmic MEMORYCHIP get BankLabel, DeviceLocator, Capacity, Speed

from the desktop PC I am typing this on.

memory_command.jpg

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.