hpsucks12345 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 21 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop "Pavilion dv 6000" wont turn on at all!

yup i got the same problem with my dv6000  also befor that happened   the hard drive fried on me got a new one the  restore disk wouldnt install hp of course did nothing to fix this  and now they will not do nothing to fix this new problem . i will never buy another hp there products are pure crap and there service is just the same . whats sad is hp  made this line of products knowing it had faulty  hardware. yeah they were sued but guess what  are justice system sided with them  so what can we do  NOTHING  except stop buying the crap they keep making. let this company die out 

0 Kudos
HPStayAway Tutor
Tutor
11 10 0 0
Message 22 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

anything BUT HP - they suck bit time! I've learnt my lesson! Now I know. Stay away!

0 Kudos
robbyoj007 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 23 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks a 10000000 times i got a pavillion ze2000 tro repair and shut it down and the thing would not power up the link helped thanks.

0 Kudos
juicer Tutor
Tutor
17 16 0 2
Message 24 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, I've had the problem for a while and was just looking around to see if anyone has had any success stories.

I will tell you how I get mine up and running, but first some background. I was gifted this computer DOA and asked to retrieve data which I was able to do but in monkeying around, I discovered a "fix".

You see, I live in an area where we occassionally lose power for a day or two or three so the weakened battery never outlasts the outage. That's when the unit becomes unstartable.

Now the fix:
It is a variation of all the other suggestions about undoing the power cord and disconnecting the battery but here's the twist: After removing the battery and power cord, wrap your laptop in one then another plastic shopping bag and place it in the freezer for about an hour or two. Now, when you take out your shivering laptop, plug in the power cord and fire her up. It has nearly always started for me after this trial by cold but once or twice it needed more chillin'. Once it is started, insert the battery. I've never had any issues with this sequence.

You will have a lot of condensate on the screen but gently wipe it up with an absorbent cloth and let the rest of air dry as you let it run.

As long as I leave the computer plugged in and not reliant on the battery, it has never died on me.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
HPStayAway Tutor
Tutor
11 10 0 0
Message 25 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm so sorry to say it.... but, whatever you do, STAY AWAY FROM HP products altogether. They suck!

0 Kudos
HPStayAway Tutor
Tutor
11 10 0 0
Message 26 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

People should remember: HP products.... never again! Ever!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
goon Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 27 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello I Have a Problem with my "Hp Pavilion Dv6000"  Iwas transfering some files from a memory chip, to a hard drive thru the laptop,, my laptop got hot,, bcuz it takes about an hour an few minutes for the files to finish trnsfering,, so i turned off my laptop after the process, and the next day i tried to turn it on it will not turn on, what could be the cause?? or what do you think is wrong woth my hp pavilion dv6000???

0 Kudos
dillah_5 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 28 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
harrison78362 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 29 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Don't know who figured this out but... My HP DV6 computer would not turn on...the blue light was on next to the power cord but when I pushed the power button nothing would happen...I found a link that had these instructions and it worked...try this before you spend money on fixing it

Unplug the cord, take out the battery, pushdown and hold the power button for thirty seconds( I held mine for 45 just to be sure), let go, plug in power cord make sure blue light comes on, replace battery, push the power button and it will come on.
0 Kudos
BOXMAN65 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 30 of 36
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just a theory, but I think this may work. Go to the power settings for your battery/ac adapter. Go to advanced options and disable all references to "sleep" or "hibernate". My guess is the laptop is thinking it is in sleep or hibernate mode and that is why it is not powering up.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation