Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab21
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop shows 0% charging (plugged in, not charging). Can someone help me with this issue?  TEll me the next course of action. and also, battery checkshowsCapturebattery.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @neha26

From your screen shot, it looks like you are running the Battery Check from within Windows, probably in HP Support Assistant?

I would recommend trying to run the Battery Check from the UEFI menu, as described in Testing and Calibrating the Battery in the section just after the video.  Sometimes that test provides different results from a test run from within Windows.  The linked document will also provide next steps or other troubleshooting steps if the test fails or you run into other problems.

Good Luck

R

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @neha26

From your screen shot, it looks like you are running the Battery Check from within Windows, probably in HP Support Assistant?

I would recommend trying to run the Battery Check from the UEFI menu, as described in Testing and Calibrating the Battery in the section just after the video.  Sometimes that test provides different results from a test run from within Windows.  The linked document will also provide next steps or other troubleshooting steps if the test fails or you run into other problems.

Good Luck

R

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

HEy. @rcspencer Thank you for the suggestion. I followed it and it showed: BATTERY STATUS REPLACE. I have an extended warranty till 2018, so will i get a replacement battery from hp free of cost, since I've paid for this extended warranty?

HP Recommended

Hi @neha26

Definitely do contact HP Customer Support and talk to them about the battery.  In addition to the status, did you also get a failure ID code?  If so, the agent will need that as well.

Did you get the extended warranty from HP?  If so, then the support agent will be able to look that up and let you know what is covered.

R

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.