Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-p076sa Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 11

My laptop thinks it has no battery, if I troubleshoot it says no battery is installed. I need to keep it plugged in all the time to use it. How can I fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Replace the battery. When it is completely dead it will not register as it is putting out no electricity. That is an older laptop and battery failure is to be expected after all this time. It is an external easily removeable battery:

(18) 4-cell, 41 WHr, 2.8A H Li-ion battery 756743-001

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Egoway-14-v000-v099-15-k000-k099-17-f000-f099-HSTNN-DB6K/dp/B076LX413V/ref=...

HP Recommended

Thanks for coming back to me. My laptop is approx 18 months old! I've never had a battery give up on me this soon...

HP Recommended

Then the model number you gave is not right. Here is how you find the right one:

How to Find Your HP Laptop Model Number (Video) | HP® Tech Takes

These are the specs on the model number you gave which is over 10 years old:

HP Pavilion 15-p076sa Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.