Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I also have a crack right next to my left hinge where the screw came out and the case is cracked right where the hinge. It is affecting my ability to turn the computer on and off. I'm surprised that HP has not reached out to consumers to offer to repair this since this is widespread.  Has anyone started a thread on social media to see how many people are affected by this? I guess I will wait to hear if HP Pavillion will help me out on this. I purchased directly from HP and am saddened and disappointed that this is a widespread problem. I just want to get it fixed because I am a college student taking care of my 87 year old grandma and I have no extra money to fix a manufacturing or design flaw.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Here is a picture. I am afraid that any day I won't be able to turn it on.HP Pavillion HInge crack.jpg

HP Recommended

@WinonaJohnson, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern. As this is a hardware issue, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options or repair costs.

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Yes, if the screen stops working, you may connect the Notebook to an external monitor. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I should have chosen a male name as my username because I notice that when the MEN have this issue, they receive a message that their information has been forwarded and someone from HP will contact them. But I guess women are considered to have extra time to go and hunt down someone in the HP Technical Support for help. 

I just read a whole thread on You Tube that this hinge issue is a known issue and is intentional to make sure that people have to purchase a new laptop. My hinge broke 1 month after my warranty expired.  Then I received more emails about buying a laptop and can't get a single email with someone trying to help me get this fixed. 

I'm beyond disappointed. 

HP Recommended

@WinonaJohnson

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I will escalate your case to HP's regional escalation team and a case manager will get back to you

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.