Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-da0299tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I purchased a new HP Laptop for my personal use. The model number is HP Notebook - 15-da0299tu. This was purchased 5 months back. and is still under warranty. The laptop is very very slow. Especially when I  close the top and when I get back, try to start it up again, it takes a good 2 minutes to start.

Could anyone suggest if this is likely to be a hardware problem?

Also about how I can speak to a human being in the customer support? I am sick of "speaking" to virtual agents.

I

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

It should not be really slow. You could first try completlyupdating the PC and see if it helps. You can follow this guide:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/New-notebook-running-slow/ta-p/7057949

You should also check what programs are starting with the computer and disable the ones which are not necessary. You can do this from Task Manager.

Now if you really want to speed up the PC (an amazing boost in performance), you should add at least another 4GB module of RAM and insert an SSD in the machine.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

HI David

Thanks so much for the response. I will try it out. Though I have tried a lot of stuff.

I was wondering if the memory was the problem.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

4GB can be quite slow depending on how many programs are running (in the background). I would upgrade to at least 8GB and inserting an SSD would dramatically increase the everyday performance of the PC.

You could also check if there are any hardware problems by performing HP hardware diagnostics at boot.

Turn off the PC by holding the power button. Turn on PC and continously keep pressing ESC until startup menu appears and then press F2 to enter diagnostics. Try the fast test, or at least the hard drive test.

See if there are any hardware errors.

Regards,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.