Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So this is the situation I have experienced with HP service/customer care recently. Since I don't have any other way but a phone call to contact HP, I want to share my experience with you, and possibly find a solution.

I bought this laptop in US for around 2000$ a year ago, hoping it will serve me for at least two years productivity wise. After just a few months, it started throttling, and a lot of other problems emerged, like random crashes etc. I spend most of my time in Serbia, all of my job (hospitals and clinics) is there. I contacted HP US support after white spots appeared on my screen, trying to get the info how can I send and service the laptop. They sad it's the best that I service the laptop in Serbia since I'm already there, cause it's a "Global warranty". 

After sending laptop to authorized service in Serbia (System one), they said that they CAN'T service the laptop, cause they don't have the parts and that it's best to send it to the US.

So, without any other options, I sent my laptop, with the help of my friend, to Chicago, Illinois. Company "Micro Center"  acknowledged overheating, white spots, crashing, so they've sent it to HP. 

After only few days, HP returned the laptop claiming that it was repaired(PICTURE).New Doc 2019-11-07 16.23.04_1.jpg

And yesterday, my friend sent the laptop back to me, and guess what? They have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, the laptop is even worse then it was. It is constantly overheating and throttling down to 798Mhz, system crashes as soon as I open any more intensive apps, and they didn't sort even the white spots CLEARLY VISIBLE from any angle. It seems to me that they've only opened it, cleaned it and said the problem is sorted. That is an absolute disgrace for a company which wants to compete on the market with other big manufacturers. All of this cost me over 200$ in fees and shipping, just to get the laptop in even worse state than it was.

And of course, in the meantime my one year warranty expired, so I can't do anything anymore, not even extend my warranty.

My hospital and clinics are all equipped with HPs all-in-ones .

I have never written on any forum, nor am I an angry, conflict driven person, so you can imagine how far they've gone to make me do this. I swear to God, if HP doesn't offer a solution in form of service or replacement, no one in my environment will ever buy an HP product again.

So, do you have any suggestions what else can I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AlexVel

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.