Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Unknown

Can I use 128GB NVMe PCIe Gen3 x 4 80mm M.2 Solid State Drive as my boot drive  along with existing 1 TB HDD for HP Pavilion x360 - 14-cd0077tu?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Amitkr1

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see you need help in upgrading the SSD, on HP Pavilion x360 - 14-cd0077tu notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA hard drive installed on the PC.

To get the answer to this question, YES! you use SSD as a bootable device

Note: The solid-state drive is installed into the M.2 connector that is used by the Optane memory module. You cannot install both a solid-state drive and a Optane memory module in the computer at the same time:

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Does HP Pavilion x360 - 14-cd0077tu notebook has a Optane memory module?

Further, where should I make changes in Windows 10 to change the boot disk from HDD to SSD?

Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

@Amitkr1
Follow the steps below to configure the boot order.

1. Turn on or restart the computer.
  2. While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu. ...
  3. After opening the BIOS, go to the boot settings. ...
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to change the boot order.

To get the answer to this question, This notebook does not go with Optane memory module. 
Click here to know more about HP Pavilion x360 - 14-cd0077tu Product Specifications.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

did OS migration from HDD to SSD successfully using AOMEI partition assistant but unable change the boot order.

boot screen shows two options under uefi boot

1. HDD

2. SSD

But selection to option 2 doesnot work. always goes back to option 1 (HDD).

Any solution?

HP Recommended

@Amitkr1
Thank you for posting back. 

That's good, a computer is recognizing both the devices.

I would suggest try removing the HDD and boot only from SSD, (note: SSD should have OS installed on it ) 

Keep me posted. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.