Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-4001nt (ENERGY STAR)

Hi,

I own an HP Spectre x360 - 13-4001nt model laptop and want to upgrade the ssd. Now the current ssd inside is axns381e-256gm-b model ssd and the laptop uses an HP 802D 58.63 model motherboard. I am curious if my device supports NVMe so I can buy and use a samsung NVMe 980 500gb or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP Spectre x360 Convertible PC (model numbers 13-4000 through 4099 and 13-4100 through 4199) and HP ...

Chapter 1 has the supported drive types.

The way I interpret the manual, the M.2 slot supports both PCIe (NVMe) and SATA SSD's.

What concerns me is if you look at chapter 3's parts list, there are only SATA M.2 drives listed.

The Crucial memory/SSD report for a similar model to yours indicates that NVMe SSD's are supported.

HP - Compaq HP Spectre x360 13-4001nx | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

HP Spectre x360 Convertible PC (model numbers 13-4000 through 4099 and 13-4100 through 4199) and HP ...

Chapter 1 has the supported drive types.

The way I interpret the manual, the M.2 slot supports both PCIe (NVMe) and SATA SSD's.

What concerns me is if you look at chapter 3's parts list, there are only SATA M.2 drives listed.

The Crucial memory/SSD report for a similar model to yours indicates that NVMe SSD's are supported.

HP - Compaq HP Spectre x360 13-4001nx | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the reply.

To be honest I checked the manual and was confused at the exactly same sections as you've pointed.

From what I understand that there is a bit mix-up there but worth to take the chances.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I think it is worth the risk since the folks at the renowned Crucial memory company indicate that NVMe SSD's are supported.

HP Recommended

I can confirm that 500 GB Samsung SSD 980 NVMe M.2 SSD works with HP Spectre x360 - 13-4001nt. Just installed it now and works fine

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.