Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cc115tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP m.2 ssd upgradation is so much confusing!!

if any HP laptop has m.2 slot then they should provide a clear specification manual also. Otherwise users get confused. Because nowadays every user wants to purchase an NVMe ssd to get better speed than sata ssd. But some HP laptop doesn't provide any clear information about m.2 slot like this model below...

HP Pavilion - 15-cc115tu

this is the specification manual provided by HP:

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c05930103

But this is very short and incomplete. There is no information about NVMe compatibility.

But see this website

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/pavilion-15-cc115tu

they recommand many NVMe ssd even some gen 4 NVMe ssd also.

So, now what should i do? I need a great speed for my daily daily work. I mean NVMe ssd is the better option for me.

But

is my laptop really supports NVMe ssd?

pls someone help

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The 15-cc1xx model series' M.2 slot supports NVMe SSD's.

See chapter 1, page 2 of the service manual for the supported drive types...

HP Pavilion 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP au...

The slot is PCIe generation 3.0. 

A 4.0 drive would work, but not at its fastest speed.

Here is a discussion where you can see that a NVMe SSD works in the 15-cc1xx model series...

(1) Solved: What interface does hp Pavilion 15-cc129tx support with m.2 ... - HP Support Community -...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The 15-cc1xx model series' M.2 slot supports NVMe SSD's.

See chapter 1, page 2 of the service manual for the supported drive types...

HP Pavilion 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP au...

The slot is PCIe generation 3.0. 

A 4.0 drive would work, but not at its fastest speed.

Here is a discussion where you can see that a NVMe SSD works in the 15-cc1xx model series...

(1) Solved: What interface does hp Pavilion 15-cc129tx support with m.2 ... - HP Support Community -...

HP Recommended

my system has already 1TB HDD installed. I want to buy a 512 gb NVMEm.2 ssd.

the 512 gb m.2 NVMe will be my boot drive and primary drive

and 1 tb hdd will be my secondary drive

is there any problem using a 512 NVMe m.2 ssd (with 1 tb hdd) according to the manual you provided?

and another inportant thing is

my bois advanced options tab is locked by default.

is there any necessity to access bios and make any changes to make my m.2 NVMe ssd boot drive?

if so then how can i access or unlock my bois advanced options.

pls ans these two questions.

It will be a great help...

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There should be no problem installing a 512 GB NVMe SSD along with your notebook's 1 TB 2.5" drive.

There is no way to access any other BIOS settings other than what you see now.

The only difficulty you may encounter is having an OS on the 2.5" drive.

Windows will always want to boot from the 2.5" drive first and not the NVMe SSD.

What I recommend you do is to clone your current drive's installation to the SSD, or clean install W10 on the SSD.

Temporarily disconnect the 2.5" drive and make sure that Windows boots from the SSD--it should.

Then connect your 2.5" drive back up, format it to remove the OS and use the drive for storage only, and W10 should boot from the SSD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.