Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook q14-bu100tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Notebook q14-bu100tu with intel I5 8gen. I want to upgrade my SSD. Can someone please tell if my device support M.2 SSD. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It's compatible or I would not have suggested it. You need a 2280 form factor SATA M.2 SSD. The one I linked is a top of the line brand but there are not really any bad products on the market and you can shop by price. I saw lots of them on amazon india. 

If this is the info you needed please accept as solution. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Yes there is a slot for a SATA M.2 SSD. Start on p. 41 for removal of the rear cover.

Service Manual 

red arrow = HDD green arrow = M.2 slotred arrow = HDD green arrow = M.2 slot

https://www.amazon.in/Samsung-860-EVO-Internal-MZ-N6E250BW/dp/B07864V6CK/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keyword...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thanks @Huffer

Just one more query. The link of M.2 SSD you have given is compatible with my device or is there any other parameters which i need to consider before buying one?

HP Recommended

It's compatible or I would not have suggested it. You need a 2280 form factor SATA M.2 SSD. The one I linked is a top of the line brand but there are not really any bad products on the market and you can shop by price. I saw lots of them on amazon india. 

If this is the info you needed please accept as solution. 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.