Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 17t-2100 3D
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm confused.  It seems there are several motherboard numbers for the 2100 3D version and I've narrowed it down to either the 630793 or 660203 but not clear what difference there is or which one is correct.  The 660203 is correct according to 'partsurfer' but 630793 has been recommended by HP previously to another member on this forum and is correct according to the 2100 3D user and maintenance guide.  Can anyone shed any light before I order one please?  My display has the LP173WF2 (TP)(B2) screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jonnyp52 

Board 630793-001 is not for your machine, it is for 27-20xx machines as shown

17-20xx.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@jonnyp52 

17t is a CTO (Configure To Order) machine therefore depending on your order it can have different system board  /motherboard.

Now, to see what is the right one you need to look at its part # on its motherboard physically or at least its product #.  Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks banhien.  That explains a lot.  I'm trying to complete a  new system so don't have an existing motherboard number or even serial number to base the decision on.  Would I be right in assuming that the bios on a new motherboard (eg on the 660203) would therefore need to be set up to work with the  LP173WF2 (TP)(B2) screen?

HP Recommended

@jonnyp52 

The number is invalid

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=LP173WF2

also  660203

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?type=PART&searchText=660203

Where do you get those numbers from ? From my research, the numbers could be

• For use only with computer models equipped with a 3D display assembly 630793-001
  • For use only with computer models equipped with a 2D display assembly 630792-001

I can't find manuals for the 2100 only for 2000 to 2099

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-17-2100-3d-edition-notebook-pc-series/5111942/model/511...

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thanks again.  Sorry but I was being lazy with the numbers.  It's 660203-001 and 630793.001.  I don't know the display number but the screen (which appears to be fixed to the display) is LP173WF2 (TP)(B2) so I thought that was the important fact.

The board currently fitted is 630793.001 but is either faulty or incompatible with the display as it only works on an external display.  I've decided therefore to risk it and ordered 660203-001 (from china).  If it doesn't work there will be a lot of 17t-2100 parts listed on ebay in about a month's time.

Thanks for your help.

John

HP Recommended

@jonnyp52 

Board 630793-001 is not for your machine, it is for 27-20xx machines as shown

17-20xx.png

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Many thanks. That's encouraging news.  Fingers crossed that the 660203-001 works.

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.