03-08-2014 06:36 PM
03-12-2014 12:27 PM - last edited on 03-06-2017 09:08 AM by OscarFuentes
Hi dreamseller, welcome to the HP Forums. There are many causes for low brightness. My main concern would be the physical component of having to tilt it in just the right way to get a display at all. This would seem like there is a short in the cable internally, or an issue with the LCD itself. Regardless, since there are many causes, I have provided many documents, one of which may hopefully recitify and remove the need to hold a flashlight to see what you are doing.
Resolving Problems with Notebook Displays (Windows 7)
Display is Dim During or After Startup or Boot
Resolving Problems with the Brightness of the Display
Display and Keyboard Dims Using the Proximity Sensor
I hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out.
I work on behalf of HP
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “thumbs up" button!
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code
- HP Notebook PCs - How to Power Reset your Laptop
- HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10)
- HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot