08-01-2020 08:54 AM - last edited on 08-01-2020 12:29 PM by MarcusC
Laptop was purchased just 2 days ago from amazon. Now when I checked warranty status on HP website, it shows expired in 2019. How is it possible that a new product purchased from amazon in 2020's warranty is already expired in 2019.
Already raised dispute but didn't received any response from Hp team.
08-01-2020 09:00 AM
Two days is not enough time. If you were first in line, maybe - but you are very likely not first.
Unless you need service right now, and aside from the emotional toll, the situation is not dire.
If you need service from HP Support, let us know and I will forward an emergency request that someone take a look.
Thank you for participating in our HP Community.
We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology
08-02-2020 07:14 AM
Hey @Dragon-Fur , I think you didn't understood the dispute. I purchased this HP Pavilion laptop just two days back and on HP support website it shows warranty expired. I just need resolution for that.
I inferred, apparently incorrectly, that you had registered the computer and, after that process, discovered that the warranty date was still set to the original manufacture date warranty after registration. Normally, the next step is Warranty Dispute.
Had this been the course of events, the answer that the Dispute process takes longer than two days is correct.
If you have not registered and completed the Warrant Dispute, then the "two days" answer is not relevant.
If you have registered and cannot complete the Warranty Dispute, the "two days" answer is not relevant.
Warranty Check / Product Registration
- Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards
- Check the Warranty on your product
NOTE: If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to
check single or multiple devices.
- If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
- Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
- Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
- Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
- Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
- When the page opens, Click View Details
NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.
Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.
- If necessary, select your Region / Country: Scroll to bottom of page and click the Flag
- HP Computers and Printers - How to Submit a Dispute to Validate Your Warranty
Submitting Request for an Assist
- I will submit a request that someone take a look at your question / concern.
- Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
- Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome: Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
- The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
- If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you.
Note to those reading:
- Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”. Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
- Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data.
- Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.
08-02-2020 11:12 AM
@vekain I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.
Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.
Please look for a private message requesting additional information.
Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.
I am an HP Employee