Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Spectre 360 had an issue where the battery over heated and swelled up.  I replaced the battery, but now the laptop will not charge the new battery with AC power applied.  It will turn on and run as long as the AC adapter is connected, but as soon as I remove power the laptop shuts down.  The laptop is past warranty but still works for what I need it for.  Looking for either troubleshooting to fix the problem or a way to contact HP to have the laptop repaired.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jcroz01 

You're probably not going to be able to get HP to do the repairs.  Due to scammers, HP took down all their US phone numbers and now, the only way to get one is to go online and fill out a trouble ticket request -- but the tool checks for a valid warranty and if that has expired, kicks you out. 

You can try contacting a service facility on your own, but I would not hold out much hope:

Since you live in the U.S., here is a link to the HP Service Repair Centers:
https://www.service-center-locator.com/hp-hewlett-packard/hp-hewlett-packard-service-center.htm

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.