cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jcroz01
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Need service repair for power and battery.

HP Recommended
HP Spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Spectre 360 had an issue where the battery over heated and swelled up.  I replaced the battery, but now the laptop will not charge the new battery with AC power applied.  It will turn on and run as long as the AC adapter is connected, but as soon as I remove power the laptop shuts down.  The laptop is past warranty but still works for what I need it for.  Looking for either troubleshooting to fix the problem or a way to contact HP to have the laptop repaired.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,467 30,374 2,775 6,709
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jcroz01 

You're probably not going to be able to get HP to do the repairs.  Due to scammers, HP took down all their US phone numbers and now, the only way to get one is to go online and fill out a trouble ticket request -- but the tool checks for a valid warranty and if that has expired, kicks you out. 

You can try contacting a service facility on your own, but I would not hold out much hope:

Since you live in the U.S., here is a link to the HP Service Repair Centers:
https://www.service-center-locator.com/hp-hewlett-packard/hp-hewlett-packard-service-center.htm

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation