2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need to Purchase New Battery For hp 15-f100dx

Hp 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello! 

My laptop battery is completely dead. Every time I turn on my computer I get a battery alert (primary (internal) battery (601)). I'm assuming this means that I need to buy a new battery but I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to find the battery that I need. When I look up the parts for my particular laptop, the battery is not listed. There is a battery listed, but it says "Real Time Clock (RTC) Battery (not the regular lithium ion battery)" and I don't really know what this means and I don't know if this is the right battery. The item number on the battery llisted online is 697917-001. 

My current computer battery says "replace with Hp spare 776622-001." 

Any help would be appreciated in finding the correct battery. I just don't want to end up ordering the wrong thing. 

Thank you for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1251
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Mar24596,

Battery Description Spare part number

4 cell, 41-Wh, 2.8-Ah, Li-ion battery 752237-001

3 cell, 31 Wh, 2.8-Ah, Li-ion battery 776622-001

These are the compatible batteries for your PC and 776622-001 is the right one.

776622-001 is not availble with HP. 

You will have buy but externally. Please use the Part number and search online for a better deal.

All the Best !!   

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

Mar24596 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there a reason why it's not abailable through Hp? 

Oh well, I'll try to find it on Amazon I guess.

Thank you for your help!!!

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4162 4158 561 1251
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Mar24596,

Thank you for your reply !!

The battery is out of stock as of now and not sure when it comes available for you to buy though.

You do get original products online and better price compared to HP site. Hence recommended you to try externally,

ALL THE BEST !!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation