Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Go to 

>Start-Windows Box in the lower left corner of the desktop screen.

-> Type in search “CONTROL PANEL”

>Select “CONTROL PANEL” from the list

>On the control panel screen click “HARDWARE AND SOUND “

> In the list under devices and printers: select “MOUSE”

>Choose ” DEVICE SETTINGS “ tab

>On this screen choose “SETTINGS” 

>Remove the check mark from “TAPPING” option in the list.   This is where you can customize each feature you want to have available for your touchpad capabilities.

HP Recommended

Same on mine. Been trying to disable via control panel and settings etc but only after reading post by PSI TN did i find out it was an app.

Did as directed and its now sorted, yeah!!!

Katie

HP Recommended

This fixed mine, too.  I had the same problem.  Go to the Start tab and click the Synaptics Touchpad app.  The familiar clickpad settings will be there.

HP Recommended

Found it!

HP uses Elan touchpad instead of Synaptic on my laptop. I just bought my laptop and downloaded several updates. You might want to do the same before you begin.

1. Go to Start > Elan Touchpad.

2. In the ETD Properties screen, select the device and click Options.

3. In the One-finger Tab, select Tapping and unmark the Enable checkbox.

4. Click Apply.

Done. This was very frustrating for me. I hope these instructions help.

HP Recommended

Thank you - I had managed to sort it out but your comments are very helpful - thank you

HP Recommended

This is incredibly easy.

Start (search bar) - Touchpad Settings - Additional Settings - Clickpad Settings - Tapping Checkbox

Took me two minutes to figure this out after reading the asinine suggestions about editing the registry or whatever.

HP Recommended

THIS WORKS!

Thank goodness for that. 

Touch clicking is a massive ball ache and I'm glad I have finally disabled it.

HP Recommended

Click the Windows icon then search "Synaptics TouchPad" - there is an app from Synaptics that lets you control tap-to-click, hallelujiah

HP Recommended

Exact same problem. Totally annoying.

HP Recommended

ROGERCR, how did you get it to stop requiring you to open settings each time?  Since the Windows driver didn't even let me turn off tapping at all, I installed an old HP driver. That let's me turn off tap-to-click, but, like you, I have to pull up settings (where tapping is unchecked) and ok it every time I start the computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.