Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-cd0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So a couple of days ago when I booted up my laptop I got a error message saying that my battery may have been compromised and that it may not be working to its full potential. So I opened up the hp support assistant and ran a battery test. Turns out my battery is only running at 50% compacity. I have been looking online to find a place to buy a specific battery for my laptop but I have no luck finding one. I was wondering if someone can give me a link to where I could get a new battery. I have also only been finding batteries for HP Pavilion x360 14M-ba011dx. Even though it looks similar to the battery I need, I don't know if it would fit. Please help I really need my computer for college right now.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

This is the battery you need:

Battery (3-cell, 41-WHr, 3.6-AHr, Li-ion) 920070-856

Service Manual

Pages 33-35 show "how to". US HP Parts Store does not carry this battery. You have to go to amazon or ebay or similar source. 

https://www.impactcomputers.com/920070-856.html

Post back with any questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response to what I did was order a new battery using the part number on the battery I currently have off of amazon. However upon installing the battery the battery wont charge at all and I keep getting a BIOS error upon starting up my computer. I have decided to install my old battery again too since I think I bought the wrong battery. However, for some reason now my old battery won't charge at all too. Is there any way I can fix this. P.S. the new battery I ordered off of amazon was under the part number 920046-541. If you could please help that would be great because I am freaking out right now since I don't have enough money to buy a new laptop.

HP Recommended

The battery you purchased does not appear to be compatible with the part number I told you to get. It may or may not be compatible with the computer and now with the old battery not charging I am not sure you did not do some damage trying this other battery. Sometimes I guess I wonder why I bother to give advice. I hate to tell you to spend more money buying yet a different battery that may not work because there has been damage to the motherboard. What a pickle. 

HP Recommended

Yea sorry about thats on me the battery I ordered was before you replied to me and I tried to install it based on the part number on my current laptop. I also made a mistake saying I was getting a BIOS error as instead I was getting  a "The CMOS checksum is invalid. The CMOS will be rest to the default configuration". I have looked online on different ways to get the battery charging. Some of the solutions I have tried is to uninstall the Microsoft AC adapter and the Microsoft ACPI of the device manager and that didn't work either. I also have tried doing a trouble shoot from the power settings and that didn't work. The last method I tried was to do a BIOS update form the hp website and that didn't work either. 

I was wondering if you knew how to fix this battery problem? However, if you don't its not a big deal. I was wondering if I just use the laptop with the charger connected at all times if that would cause a problem. I plan on doing this until I save enough money to buy a new laptop that is not a hp laptop. 

HP Recommended

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.