Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-cd0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So a couple of days ago when I booted up my laptop I got a error message saying that my battery may have been compromised and that it may not be working to its full potential. So I opened up the hp support assistant and ran a battery test. Turns out my battery is only running at 50% compacity. I have been looking online to find a place to buy a specific battery for my laptop but I have no luck finding one. I was wondering if someone can give me a link to where I could get a new battery. I have also only been finding batteries for HP Pavilion x360 14M-ba011dx. Even though it looks similar to the battery I need, I don't know if it would fit. Please help I really need my computer for college right now.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

This is the battery you need:

Battery (3-cell, 41-WHr, 3.6-AHr, Li-ion) 920070-856

Service Manual

Pages 33-35 show "how to". US HP Parts Store does not carry this battery. You have to go to amazon or ebay or similar source. 

https://www.impactcomputers.com/920070-856.html

Post back with any questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response to what I did was order a new battery using the part number on the battery I currently have off of amazon. However upon installing the battery the battery wont charge at all and I keep getting a BIOS error upon starting up my computer. I have decided to install my old battery again too since I think I bought the wrong battery. However, for some reason now my old battery won't charge at all too. Is there any way I can fix this. P.S. the new battery I ordered off of amazon was under the part number 920046-541. If you could please help that would be great because I am freaking out right now since I don't have enough money to buy a new laptop.

HP Recommended

The battery you purchased does not appear to be compatible with the part number I told you to get. It may or may not be compatible with the computer and now with the old battery not charging I am not sure you did not do some damage trying this other battery. Sometimes I guess I wonder why I bother to give advice. I hate to tell you to spend more money buying yet a different battery that may not work because there has been damage to the motherboard. What a pickle. 

HP Recommended

Yea sorry about thats on me the battery I ordered was before you replied to me and I tried to install it based on the part number on my current laptop. I also made a mistake saying I was getting a BIOS error as instead I was getting  a "The CMOS checksum is invalid. The CMOS will be rest to the default configuration". I have looked online on different ways to get the battery charging. Some of the solutions I have tried is to uninstall the Microsoft AC adapter and the Microsoft ACPI of the device manager and that didn't work either. I also have tried doing a trouble shoot from the power settings and that didn't work. The last method I tried was to do a BIOS update form the hp website and that didn't work either. 

I was wondering if you knew how to fix this battery problem? However, if you don't its not a big deal. I was wondering if I just use the laptop with the charger connected at all times if that would cause a problem. I plan on doing this until I save enough money to buy a new laptop that is not a hp laptop. 

HP Recommended

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.